Channel Powers 50% Growth in Opengear Sales in 2010
Opengear (www.opengear.com) a leading provider of next generation console server and remote management solutions, today announced that it grew North American sales by 50% in 2010. A large portion of the growth came through Opengear’s growing channel program, which grew the number of partners and resellers more than 65%.
“Leveraging open source software, Opengear continues to bring the most robust remote management solutions to data centers and remote branch locations at the lowest cost,” said Todd Rychecky, vice president of sales and marketing at Opengear. “Much of our growth came from our line of cellular smart routers which provide secure high-speed 3G wireless connectivity to remote sites delivering real-time access, monitoring and control regardless of location.”
Opengear product announcements for 2010 include:
- Opengear launched the ACM5004-G, the world’s first cellular smart router with EDGE, GPRS, GSM, HSDA and HSUPA high speed cellular access.
- Opengear enhanced all of their solutions to include a robust and flexible network stack with integrated firewall, secure shell access, extensive VPN tunneling support, two-factor authentication and encryption.
- Opengear launched a version of the ACM5000 with 48 volt DC power, specifically designed to address the needs of telecommunications industry.
- Opengear launched an industrial grade version of the ACM5000, the ACM5004-2-I, which features rugged metal enclosures, captive power terminal blocks and the widest range of serial, USB or digital I/O interface.
- Opengear launched the SD4001 for secure industrial networking and expanded the power management portfolio with the release of the IP-PDU9108.
- TheVARGuy ranked Opengear in the top 20 of open source channel vendors.
- CRN Magazine named Opengear ACM5004-G one of the “25 hot products to see at VoiceCon Orlando”.
- eWeek named the Opengear ACM5000 “product to watch”: “Opengear ACM5000 console manager”.
- NetworkWorld named the Opengear ACM5000 “product of the week”: “Opengear ACM5004-G”.
- Leading networking resource site Packetlife.net wrote a product review of the ACM5000: “Wireless Out-of-Band Console Access with Opengear’s ACM5000”
- LinuxForDevices wrote in a review: “ACM5004-G offers remote control access to everything in a server closet or data center, not only Ethernet devices”
- Opengear was chosen as a prestigious Selected Provider for the 2011 Interop NOC. The Opengear IM4216-X2 will provide mission critical out-of-band network access for the NOC.
Founded in 2004, Opengear delivers next generation intelligent solutions for managing critical IT and communications infrastructure. Opengear’s solutions, featuring embedded Smart OOB™ technology, equip our customers’ networks with intelligent automation and bulletproof resilience, enabling them to optimize technical operations and secure business continuity. The company is headquartered in New Jersey, with a manufacturing facility in Utah, R&D operations in Australia and Silicon Valley, and sales offices in Europe, Asia and the USA. For more information, please visit www.opengear.com.