Opengear Announces World’s First Advanced Device Server Supporting High-Speed Cellular Wireless Networks for Out-Of-Band Access
Opengear (www.opengear.com)a leading provider of next-generation console server and KVM over IP solutions, today announced the ACM5004-G, the world’s first advanced device server supporting EDGE, GPRS, GSM, HSDA and HSUPA high speed cellular access.
Opengear will showcase the ACM5004-G at VoiceCon, March 22 – 25 in Orlando, FL. Opengear will be at booth #1323.
“Opengear continues to drive innovation in the console server marketplace,” said Bob Waldie, Chairman and CEO of Opengear. “We are the first to add high speed cellular connection to serial device servers because customers want a faster way to connect if their network goes down; and because a growing number of serial device servers are in locations without any LAN access.”
The ACM5004-G can be deployed globally over any GSM network and provides secure infrastructure management over cellular networks; secure telemetry and SCADA over wireless; always-on remote management with wired to cellular failover; and management over cellular for non-wired locations. Other features include:
In addition, the ACM5004-G:
- Network access for roaming on high-speed Cellular network worldwide with peak downlink speeds up to 7.2 Mbps and peak uplink speeds up to 5.76 Mbps
- 3G connection through EDGE, GPRS, GSM, HSDPA, HSUPA networks. This includes AT&T and T-Mobile in North America. It offers quad-band for global connectivity.
- Embedded NUT and Powerman to monitor all the distributed serial, USB and network attached UPS and PDU systems on site
- Embedded FIP140-2 OpenSSL cryptographic module validated to meet the FIPS140-2 standards and has received Certificate #1051
- Four port serial configuration with Cisco pinout and free virtual COM port redirection software
- One USB drive for offline logging and stored configurationsBuilt-in temperature monitor and dry contacts for leak detection, smoke alarms, vibration sensors and door contacts
The ACM5000 is one of Opengear’s fastest growing product lines and is used across many companies and organizations, including retail chains, financial institutions and hospital systems. Organizations can centrally manage and monitor network devices and power status at all the remote branch outlets and centralize alarms to set up automatic shut-downs to be triggered in the event of battery back-up outages. ISPs and carriers are using the ACM5004-G for monitoring and out-of-band management of their remote POPs over the cellular network. Companies can also run software applications on the virtual servers at the head office that communicates securely to serial devices at the remote sites.View all Press Releases
Founded in 2004, Opengear delivers next generation intelligent solutions for managing critical IT and communications infrastructure. Opengear’s solutions, featuring embedded Smart OOB™ technology, equip our customers’ networks with intelligent automation and bulletproof resilience, enabling them to optimize technical operations and secure business continuity. The company is headquartered in New Jersey, with a manufacturing facility in Utah, R&D operations in Australia and Silicon Valley, and sales offices in Europe, Asia and the USA. For more information, please visit www.opengear.com.