Opengear Cranks Up the Power on Out-of-Band Infrastructure Management with New DC Power and Entry Level Models
Opengear (www.opengear.com), a leading provider of critical infrastructure management solutions through advanced console servers, remote management, monitoring, and cellular out-of-band products, is announcing key enhancements to its popular IM7200 line of infrastructure management solutions.
- The upgraded IM7200 product family now includes a dual DC power option; a feature requested by data center owners that exclusively run DC environments. The reliable, energy efficient design with built-in dual +/- 36V to 72V DC or dual AC power helps ensure high availability.
- The product family now includes a new model supporting 8 software-selectable straight or rolled serial management console connections, in addition to the existing 16, 32, and 48 port models. The new entry level reduces per device CAPEX by 22% compared to the 16 port model, to meet cost reduction requirements for large-scale deployments
The IM7200 is purpose-built to improve business continuity and resilience through the secure remote management of network, server, and power infrastructure in high density computing environments. With today’s announcement, Opengear now brings the world’s most connected out-of-band solution to more data centers and telecommunications facilities.
“The IM7200 family is revolutionary in offering dual SFP fiber connectivity so that remote management capabilities can be easily deployed in fiber only environment which is critical for a growing segment of our customer base,” says Derek Watkins, Director of Sales, Opengear EMEA.
The Opengear IM7200 infrastructure manager, with its dual SFP fiber and/or gigabit Ethernet interfaces alongside optional 4G LTE, Wi-Fi and serial console server with software-selectable pinout, already exceeds the performance capabilities of competing out-of-band products and ensures hyper-efficient and secure access to critical networks even when the primary connection to that network is down or impaired.
Local and remote operations teams can access, monitor, manage, and control their critical equipment regardless of their current or future data centre environment, without the need to physically manipulate any on-site infrastructure. The updates to the IM7200 line broaden its compatibility to telecommunication facilities and top-tier data centers.
Upgrades to the Opengear IM7200 family of products come in addition to IM7200’s already substantial benefits:
- Advanced console management: Immediately access consoles from preferred SSH client or integrated HTTPS AJAX web terminals, for full lifecycle remote management of mission-critical infrastructure – through provisioning, maintenance and rapid repair.
- Future-proof infrastructure management: Fastest connection speeds and lowest latencies through fiber, GbE, 4G LTE connections that are designed to integrate with, and optimize management of state of the art data centers and existing brownfield installations.
- High performance and high security: A class-leading platform driven by a 1GHz ARM processor more than twice as powerful as any competition, for high-performance encryption of sensitive management traffic across many simultaneous connections, through built-in VPN and strong-cipher SSH and SSL.
- Lower total cost of ownership: Fully integrated management solution eliminates the need for multiple appliances. Additionally, end-to-end wireless connectivity provides a complete view of network infrastructure without dependency on primary wired network connections.
- Centralized management for easy enterprise-wide deployments: Extend the IM7200 with Opengear Lighthouse central management to manage up to 5,000 Opengear appliances from a single pane of glass.
For more information about the Opengear IM7200 product line, visit: http://opengear.com/products/im7200-infrastructure-managerView all Press Releases
Founded in 2004, Opengear delivers next generation intelligent solutions for managing critical IT and communications infrastructure. Opengear’s solutions, featuring embedded Smart OOB™ technology, equip our customers’ networks with intelligent automation and bulletproof resilience, enabling them to optimize technical operations and secure business continuity. The company is headquartered in New Jersey, with a manufacturing facility in Utah, R&D operations in Australia and Silicon Valley, and sales offices in Europe, Asia and the USA. For more information, please visit www.opengear.com.