Opengear Launches Integrated 4G LTE Out-Of-Band Management Solutions
Opengear (www.opengear.com), a leading provider of next-generation cellular out-of-band management solutions and console servers, today announced at Cloud Connect 2013 (#ccevent on Twitter) that it is launching built-in 4G LTE support for its ACM5500 remote management gateways to improve business continuity.
Opengear remote management gateways enable uninterrupted, secure remote monitoring, access and control over distributed networks and remote sites for companies including MSPs, distributed enterprises and ISPs. Through proactive monitoring, true out-of-band management and smart automated response capabilities, Opengear allow faults to be repaired remotely or automatically, reducing the need for expensive on-site technical visits and minimizing network downtime.
The new built-in 4G LTE standard ensures optimal high-speed, low latency out-of-band network performance. Latency of 4G LTE connections can be up to 20 times lower than 3G connections. When 4G networks are not available, Opengear 4G LTE products automatically fall back to 3G or even 2G mode. Cellular out-of-band allows users to monitor and access all of the devices at distributed sites more efficiently and reliably, even when behind firewalls or the primary network connection is impaired.
“With our integrated 4G LTE models, Opengear provides high performance, secure in-band and out-of-band access enabling remote configuration, monitoring and repair of all types of IT and networking equipment,” said Rick Stevenson, CEO of Opengear. “As our customers’ networks become more geographically dispersed across data centers, edge networks and public and private clouds, remote management becomes a critical component for providing business continuity.”
The Opengear ACM5504-5-L with integrated 4G LTE includes:
- Cellular remote management: Opengear offers always-available, high-performance remote management over cellular wireless networks. This minimizes data costs with connectivity watchdog, smart failover and data usage monitoring.
- Out-of-band infrastructure management: Low-level connectivity to router, switch, firewall, PDU and UPS management interfaces via four serial consoles, four port Ethernet switch and two USB consoles.
- Automatic problem detection and remediation: Environmental, physical sensor and infrastructure fault monitoring detects and responds to issues before they become outages. Opengear power cycles unresponsive equipment, backs up and restores known good device configurations with built-in storage.
- Strong security and authentication: Management interfaces are locked down with local and remote AAA including LDAP/Active Directory, Kerberos, TACACS+ and RADIUS with RSA SecurID. Opengear encrypts sensitive management traffic with IPsec, OpenVPN, SSH and FIPS 140-2 certified SSL.
- Network options: Opengear ACM5504-5-L models are available for 4G LTE network bands worldwide, for deployment around the globe.
Founded in 2004, Opengear delivers next generation intelligent solutions for managing critical IT and communications infrastructure. Opengear’s solutions, featuring embedded Smart OOB™ technology, equip our customers’ networks with intelligent automation and bulletproof resilience, enabling them to optimize technical operations and secure business continuity. The company is headquartered in New Jersey, with a manufacturing facility in Utah, R&D operations in Australia and Silicon Valley, and sales offices in Europe, Asia and the USA. For more information, please visit www.opengear.com.