Opengear’s Accelerating Growth Continues in 2013 Through Innovations in Infrastructure Management
Opengear (www.opengear.com), a leading provider of critical infrastructure management solutions through advanced console servers, remote management, monitoring, and cellular out-of-band products, today announced that 2013 furthers the company’s growth trajectory through increased sales, new products, and amplified visibility.
“Secure out-of-band management ensures that our customers have access to their IT infrastructure at all times even if their networks are down or malfunctioning. Connectivity, distributed infrastructure, and cloud computing increasingly define the new business reality, and our products provide customers with the tools they need to stay on top of the IT infrastructure that keeps their businesses going,” says Rick Stevenson, CEO, Opengear. “And business is going strong. We have seen record quarterly sales in quarters two and three of this year in North America. The year has also seen our products debut in diverse environments, including with Secure-24, a SAP-certified Hosting and Cloud Provider, Professor Stephen Hawking’s COSMOS supercomputer, and with cloud communications company Intelepeer, among others. We look forward to closing out 2013 strongly.”
Among Opengear’s 2013 highlights thus fur:
- Growing Sales Globally: Opengear experience record quarterly sales in Q2 and Q3 of 2013 in North America – and Q1 and Q2 in EMEA – helping contribute to a 50% increase in global sales each year for the past three years.
- Focus on the Channel: Responding to a demand from a rapidly growing channel, Opengear added Cynthia Dahlin, an industry veteran with over 15 years of technology sector experience, as its new Channel Manager for the United States. Dahlin has begun helping Opengear build relationships with reseller partners and reinforce existing relationships. In EMEA and ANZ, a refreshed, single-tier partner program launched in February has been a catalyst for record regional channel growth. Opengear has added key production and support personnel to help keep pace with growth.
- Increased Visibility and Industry Recognition:
- Opengear was named “Cool Vendor” in the 2013 Gartner IT/OT Alignment and Integration Report.
- For the third consecutive year, Opengear was selected to be part of the 2013 NOC at the Interop shows in both Las Vegas and New York City. Opengear’s ACM5504-5-L with integrated 4G LTE connectivity was named a “Hottest Product at Interop 2013” by “Network World.”
- Opengear again presented for networking users and media at the Tech Field Day Roundtable, part of the 22,000-attendee Cisco Live 2013 Orlando network technology event.
- Opengear continues to have an active presence at top industry events in 2013, including Cisco Live shows worldwide, Interop New York, Cloud Connect Silicon Valley, and the upcoming LISA 2013 in Washington, D.C. and Interface 2013 conferences in Seattle and Orange County.
Opengear has also continued to expand its product lines to meet customers’ unique network infrastructure needs. 2013 has seen the debut of:
- The IM7200 infrastructure manager, the first console server product to bring integrated fiber and 4G LTE support and the most powerful solution of its kind available on the market.
- The ACM5004-GS, enabling cellular out-of-band management across Sprint’s 3G network.
- New products in the ACM5000 line designed for IT-OT success and all featuring 4GB flash storage and environmental monitoring.
Founded in 2004, Opengear delivers next generation intelligent solutions for managing critical IT and communications infrastructure. Opengear’s solutions, featuring embedded Smart OOB™ technology, equip our customers’ networks with intelligent automation and bulletproof resilience, enabling them to optimize technical operations and secure business continuity. The company is headquartered in New Jersey, with a manufacturing facility in Utah, R&D operations in Australia and Silicon Valley, and sales offices in Europe, Asia and the USA. For more information, please visit www.opengear.com.