We take secure remote access and management to a new level.
All Opengear solutions deliver enterprise-grade security for remote monitoring, access and control. Our next-generation management appliances support the industryís most stringent security, encryption and AAA requirements, ensuring that management policies are always enforced, even during a network outage.
Opengear solutions maintain and enforce AAA policies that protect your distributed network and IT infrastructure from security threats:
- OpenVPN and IPSec enterprise-grade PKI VPN remote access over primary or out-of-band connection
- FIPS 140-2 compliant OpenSSL cryptographic module, certified for use in US Government
- Two-factor authentication using RSA SecurID
- Off-load authentication to your RADIUS, TACACS+ or LDAP/Active
Directory server, for complete user policy integration. Under normal circumstances remote TACACS+ or Radius authentication prevails. However if connectivity is lost, the console server falls back to local authentication to maintain authorized access
- Default-deny SSH bastion tunnels all management traffic through one
secure network port, only permitting access to defined network services
on defined network hosts
Key IT policy enforcement capabilities
Opengear solutions provide a single point of remote access to the management network - with security configurations and precautions that ensure IT security policies are continuously enforced:
- Granular user and group permissions, restrict network
admins to permitted router consoles, restrict server admins to permitted
server management ports
- Ensuring that only the right users have the right access to devices and systems by providing granular and customizable authorization controls
- Common cellular and landline modem security issues are eliminated with "dial-out" and "call back" connectivity. So if the main network goes down the console server initiates an outgoing call to restore connectivity out-of-band
- Audit and compliance reporting is enabled by logging all accesses and changes to the console server and managed devices
- Additional security precautions such as restricting access to specific MAC and IP addresses and using encrypted "shadow passwords"
- Out-of-band secure access for remote management and disaster recovery with lock down incoming number, with modem dial-back support, CSD calling and calling number filtering
- Physically separating management LAN interface to segregate server lights-out interfaces, networked power equipment and other sensitive devices
- Opengear's Lighthouse central management solutions can securely control remote devices even when installed in locations without inbound IP ports
Opengearís secure in-band and out-of-band management solutions enable companies to assure that IT and network services are always available, improving efficiencies and maximizing uptime.