Enterprises wrestle with maintaining their complex mission critical IT infrastructure in the face of ramping security pressures. The emerging Internet of Things (IoT) increases this complexity, introducing a new layer of connected devices. And enterprise managers are being held to ever higher accountability for the integrity and availability of the data they manage.
Opengear provides enterprise customers with next generation Smart OOB™ solutions for managing and protecting their critical IT and communications infrastructure. These solutions support the industry’s most stringent security, encryption and AAA requirements, ensuring that management policies are always enforced, even when the network is having problems.
Opengear smart solutions maintain and enforce AAA policies that protect your distributed network and IT infrastructure from security threats:
- OpenVPN and IPsec enterprise-grade PKI VPN remote access over primary or out-of-band connection
- FIPS 140-2 validated encryption
- Two-factor authentication using RSA SecurID
- Off-load authentication to your RADIUS, TACACS+ or LDAP Active Directory server, for complete user policy integration
- Default-deny SSH bastion tunnels all management traffic through one secure network port, only permitting access to defined network services on defined network hosts
Key IT policy enforcement capabilities
Opengear solutions provide a single point of remote access to the management network — with security configurations and precautions that ensure IT security policies are continuously enforced:
- Granular user and group permissions, restrict network admins to permitted router consoles, restrict server admins to permitted server management ports
- Ensure that only the right users have the right access to devices and systems by providing granular and customizable authorization controls
- Common cellular and landline modem security issues are eliminated with “dial-out” and “call back” connectivity, so if the main network goes down the console server initiates an outgoing call to restore connectivity out-of-band
- Secure access for remote management with auto response, remediation and Failover to Cellular™ to ensureuninterrupted network availability
- Always-available monitoring and the ability to manage remote networks when needed from any location and at any time — even in the throes of a DDoS attack — is key for rapid response to security issues
- Audit and compliance reporting is enabled by logging all accesses and changes to the console server and managed devices
- Additional security precautions such as restricting access to specific MAC and IP addresses and using encrypted “shadow passwords”
- Physically separating management LAN interface to segregate server lights-out interfaces, networked power equipment and other sensitive devices
- Opengear’s Lighthouse central management solutions can securely control remote devices even when installed in locations without inbound IP ports
Opengear Smart OOB™ raises remote access and infrastructure management to an entirely new level. With everything monitored including the physical environment, auto response and remediation and failover to cellular, connectivity is ensured. So companies can securely access and manage their mission critical systems, devices and equipment, even if the primary network is damaged.