Powering the Internet of Things
The growth of the IoT and underlying M2M communications create new challenges for enterprises. Expanded interconnectivity between devices means that the stakes are high for ensuring consistent, regular operation of IT infrastructure. Some M2M communications are still performed over wires and 2G connections, but 3G and 4G LTE are gaining momentum as organizations seek additional bandwidth for IoT applications and telcos look for growth opportunities after the saturation of the mobile data and voice markets in the U.S. and Europe.
Build a secure network of a machine-to-machine interconnectivity with intelligent out-of-band solutions that efficiently monitor and access networks — even under challenging conditions.
M2M: The Backbone of IoT
LTE’s flexibility and efficiency in areas such as spectrum and bandwidth utilization make it excellent for handling M2M communications. Even during an outage on the primary network, these connections allow for swift access to infrastructure to identify and repair issues while preserving business continuity.
Opengear’s out-of-band management appliances provide quick, secure and reliable 3G and/or 4G LTE access to assets at a much lower cost than legacy modems, with M2M data plans for under $10 per month.
- Maximum uptime for continued migration of data between endpoints
- Maximize bandwidth of primary connections critical for M2M communication
- Extend WAN to support more devices at the network edge
- Remote visibility into network hardware, systems and physical environments for efficient management
- Certifications from the world’s most trusted wireless carriers for reliable 3G and 4G LTE access
- Multi-port device models give businesses the ability to scale to larger M2M ecosystems