RSA SecurID Authentication
Opengear console servers now support RSA SecurID, allowing seamless integration into enterprises already using RSA authentication. User permissions can be centrally managed for easy deployment of multitudes of console servers and device servers to remote sites. By combining RSA Security's two-factor authentication technology and Opengear's remote management technology customers can access their distributed IT and communications infrastructure using a consistent security interface - regardless of when, where or how they access.
A secure and robust remote management solution
The RSA SecurID system is the world's most widely used two-factor user authentication solution. It's as simple to use as entering a password but significantly more secure. The use of two independent mechanisms for authentication (such as requiring a smart card and a password) is much less susceptible to abuse than either component alone.
Coupling this security with Opengear's console and device servers allow enterprises to benefit from unprecedented security and enjoy always-on
connectivity to the devices being managed. Using a RSA SecurID hardware token users can now automatically and securely log into a managed device (such as a router or server) to reconfigure or perform a necessary recovery action - through the console server.
Two factor authentication supported on all Opengear solutions
Opengear provides secure remote monitoring and redundant connectivity for accessing the system console ports at remote branch offices, at datacenters and in distributed smart devices. We help avoid unplanned downtime and maintain network operation even during outages.
Security is key success, whether managing devices in-band over the primary network connection when available, or using an out-of-band connection during network outages or disruptions. And it is essential the IT security policy is enforced consistently for all communications. So every Opengear console server or device server supports RSA SecurID authentication - from the single port SD4001 up to the 48 port IM4248 advanced console server
Security policy enforcement
Support for two factor authentication through integration with RSA SecurID is a good example of Opengear's support for the industry’s most stringent security, encryption and AAA (Authentication, Authorization and Accounting) requirements. To ensure that security and management policies are enforced even during a network outage, Opengear's console server solution:
- Eliminates common cellular and landline modem security issues with "dial-out" and "call back" connectivity. So if the main network goes down the console server initiates an outgoing call to restore connectivity out-of-band
- Enables audit and compliance reporting by logging all accesses and changes to the console server and managed devices
- Supports IPsec, openVPN, SSH and SSL encryption in all devices
- Maintains and enforces AAA regardless of the state of the network. Under normal circumstances remote TACACS+ or Radius authentication prevails. However if connectivity is lost, the console server falls back to local authentication to maintain authorized access
- Provides additional security precautions such as restricting access to specific IP addresses, using encrypted "shadow passwords", providing multiple subscriber accounts and passwords
RSA, the Security Division of EMC, is the premier provider of security solutions for business acceleration, helping the world's leading organisations succeed by solving their most complex and sensitive security challenges. RSA's information-centric approach to security guards the integrity and confidentiality of information throughout its lifecycle - no matter where it moves, who accesses it or how it is used.
RSA offers industry-leading solutions in identity assurance & access control, encryption & key management, compliance & security information management and fraud protection. These solutions bring trust to millions of user identities, the transactions that they perform, and the data that is generated. For more information, please visit www.RSA.com