Out-Of-Band Management Delivers Business Resilience
Network downtime is frustrating and very costly to millions of businesses all over the world. Recent network outages at the NYSE, United Airlines and the Wall Street Journal highlight opportunities where out-of-band systems might have helped mitigate the costs and frustrations of network downtime.
Opengear developed this infographic to help illustrate the issues involved and the potential risks that can be mitigated with a solid out-of-band management strategy:
Top Causes Of Network Downtime:
- 55% Hardware Failure
- 22% Human Error
- 18% Software Failure
- 5% Natural Disasters
Cost/Incidence Of Outages:
- Estimates of average downtime per outage range from 7.5 hours for clouds, private data centers and traditional hosting providers, to 30 hours for SMB outages.
- On average, it takes 9 hours to recover from a 14-hour IT downtime episode.
- 91% of those surveyed have had a data center outage in the past 24 months.
- 1.2 Billion human hours per year are lost to downtime across the globe.
Cellular Out-Of-Band Equals Resilience
- OOB is going cellular! 4G/LTE wireless offers speeds up to 1,000 times faster than a 56K modem.
- Cellular data plans provide reliability at a fraction of the cost – companies can save up to 90% of a monthly phone bill.
- Cellular out-of-band management affordably minimizes network downtime with always-on management access and control
If you like what you've read here, you’ll love what we share on LinkedIn. Follow us today!