Access infrastructure during network outages
Out-of-Band management (OOB) provides an alternative path to devices from a remote location, even when the primary network is down. Separate to the production network, this allows administrators to securely monitor, access and manage all devices without impacting normal operations. The console servers integrate seamlessly with existing IT network and management systems, minimizing disruptions with an always-on connection.
To ensure even more continuity and uptime for mission-critical applications, organizations are utilizing the automated intelligence of Smart Out-of-Band (Smart OOB™).
Intelligent management and remediation of network devices
Highly scalable Smart OOB can manage the infrastructure of hundreds of sites and thousands of devices, protecting business continuity at the hardware layer. This approach enables advanced capabilities for automatic responses and repair allowing organizations to detect faults before they become failures. Advanced troubleshooting and remediation at the network edge reduces operating costs and minimizes downtime, all from one centralized management platform.
So what makes Opengear’s Out-of-Band so smart? It can:
- Detect and remediate issues automatically
- Failover to CellularTM over 4G-LTE, to keep the WAN working during a network outage
- Send automated alerts via email or SMS to notify of any network issues
- Identify any inconsistencies or unusual activity with temperature conditions, cage door positions and network availability
Add resilience to your remote locations
The ACM7000-L Resilience Gateway ensures uptime at branch offices, retail stores, kiosks and other remote sites. Cellular access provides an always-on gateway to your off-site network devices, even when the primary network is down.
Identify and remediate issues at the network edge before they become failures with Smart OOB™. Maximize WAN resilience with Failover to Cellular™ to 4G LTE networks and built-in multicarrier capabilities.
- 4-8 serial ports, out-of-band management of network and server devices
- 4 x USB 2.0 console ports, out-of-band management of network and server devices
- 4 port embedded Gigabit switch available with 4 port model
- Cisco straight pinouts
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) to discover, identify and verify attached devices on your local network.
- 4GB internal storage
Lighthouse Centralized Management
A clear view across your network
The Lighthouse platform centralizes out-of-band management for IT infrastructure and provides an unparalleled level of resilient access and visibility even during critical failures.
- Central network hub and management portal for Opengear SmartOOB™ devices and third party console servers
- Scalable administration and automation – from Day One provisioning to routine operations and disaster recovery
- Seamless, always-available connectivity, regardless of remote WAN or LAN health or status
- Centralized, secure, end-to-end out-of-band management
- Access managed devices by name regardless how they are connected
- Purpose-built to “just give me a console” during 3 a.m. network meltdowns!
- Tunnel through firewalls, carrier NAT and failover via Lighthouse VPN
NetOps Automation Platform
Vendor-neutral automation of network operations workflows
The Opengear NetOps Automation™ platform provides a centralized management solution for NetOps workflows, enabling the management of the network from a central location, and minimizing the need for human intervention on the data center floor or at the edge of the network.
The NetOps Automation platform is built on a network of distributed Opengear appliances, including the new OM2200 Operations Manager, providing presence and proximity at each enterprise location. The appliances are managed through the Lighthouse software interface with containerized NetOps Modules providing specialized functionality, so that business processes become easy to abstract, implement and automate.
These modules enable functionality beyond out-of-band management, including Secure Provisioning, for simple deployment of remote infrastructure, and event management through a Logzilla module.
Opengear products are available through our partner network:
If you’d like to talk to an Opengear representative, please fill out this form: