Opengear IMG Gateways Provide Next Generation Solution For Branch Offices
Opengear today released its IMG gateways for managing distributed branch offices at the Next Generation Data Center (NGDC) conference and exposition in San Francisco. The IMG management gateways provide the first fully integrated remote systems management solution for managing the entire IT infrastructure at the edge of distributed networks.
Our mission is to reduce the cost and complexity of managing enterprise branch offices and small to medium sized business, said Bob Waldie, CEO of Opengear. These sites host a diversity of advanced IP networks, applications and computer configurations; and they’re under the same uptime pressures as the data centers.
Waldie continued, Also there’s invariably a dispersed array of network managers, applications specialists, system administrators, vendor help desks, and other service providers each seeking to access their piece of the branch’s infrastructure, and in doing so looking to make their own access holes in the remote site’s security fabric. Until now it has not been possible to deploy at each site the three or four appliances needed for secure remote management. So we have developed the IMG products which embrace the next generation service processor model and enable remote management at a fraction of the cost and complexity of other solutions.
The IMG gateways are the first remote systems management solution to combine all the connectivity and security tools required to remotely manage servers, networks, applications and computers in one cost-effective appliance. Features include:
- Simplified and automated access to servers with service processors (IBM-RSA, Dell-DRAC, HP-iLO, SUN-ALOM) and IPMI power devices
- A single integrated point of secure access for dispersion of system administrators, network managers and service providers seeking control to their piece of the branch infrastructure
- Embedded distributed Nagios monitoring servers, removing the need for dedicated slave servers at remote sites
- Secure in-band and out-of-band connection to managed firewalls, routers, switches and servers via their network or serial consoles
- Instant addition of a separate management LAN to the branch office environment
The IM4004-5 is a desktop device with four serial ports, five Ethernet network ports and external Card Bus and USB ports (list price $795).
The IMG4216-25 is rack-optimized for larger installations with sixteen serial ports, 25 network ports, USB and high availability features. (list price $1995).View all Press Releases
Founded in 2004, Opengear delivers next generation intelligent solutions for managing critical IT and communications infrastructure. Opengear’s solutions, featuring embedded Smart OOB™ technology, equip our customers’ networks with intelligent automation and bulletproof resilience, enabling them to optimize technical operations and secure business continuity. The company is headquartered in New Jersey, with a manufacturing facility in Utah, R&D operations in Australia and Silicon Valley, and sales offices in Europe, Asia and the USA. For more information, please visit www.opengear.com.