Opengear is First to Bring Integrated Fiber and 4G LTE to Out-Of-Band Infrastructure Management
Today at Cisco Live, Cisco’s annual IT and communications conference, Opengear (www.opengear.com), a leading provider of critical infrastructure management solutions through advanced console servers, remote management, monitoring, and cellular out-of-band products, announced the launch of the Opengear IM7200, now the most powerful infrastructure management solution available in today’s market. The brand new product family zeroes in on improving business continuity and resilience through the secure remote management of network, server, and power infrastructure in high density computing environments.
The Opengear IM7200 infrastructure manager demonstrably exceeds the performance capabilities of existing out-of-band competitive products. By introducing dual SFP fiber and/or gigabit Ethernet interfaces alongside 4G LTE, Wi-Fi and software-selectable serial pin-outs, the IM7200 ensures hyper-efficient and secure access to critical networks, even when the primary connection to that network is down or impaired. With the IM7200, network administrators can access, monitor, manage and control their critical equipment regardless of their current or future data center environment and without the need to physically manipulate their infrastructure on-site.
Via the IM7200’s high-speed out-of-band connection, unexpected network outages can be diagnosed and troubleshot within seconds of the incident, reducing the cost and impact of infrastructure faults and failure. With Opengear’s integrated Auto-Response system, common issues can be proactively healed in real time and without the need for human intervention, improving efficiency and reducing costs. The IM7200 also meets the needs of enterprise customers choosing to deploy a fiber-based management network. Integrated fiber connectivity reduces the points of failure associated with fiber media converters or top-of-rack management switch solutions, for reduced TCO and superior reliability.
“Data centers, colocation facilities, network exchange points – managing these highly complex, distributed, multi-vendor environments can often leave network administrators at wits’ end, and that’s even before the network connection goes down,” said Rick Stevenson, CEO of Opengear. “With the IM7200, we have the answer for high performance, secure remote management from anywhere in the world: a single appliance with integrated fiber and 4G LTE connectivity that can manage all rack infrastructure from a single pane of glass. We’ve been in the remote infrastructure management business for nearly a decade and truly believe the IM7200 represents a monumental evolution in what’s available to help companies maintain business continuity, whether the network is running or not.”
The Opengear IM7200 family of products provides substantial benefits:
- Advanced console management: Immediately access consoles (available with 16, 32, 48 ports) from preferred SSH client or integrated HTTPS AJAX web terminals.
- A future-proof infrastructure: Fastest connection speeds and lowest latencies through fiber, GbE, 4G LTE connections are designed to integrate with, and optimize management of, state of the art data centers and existing brownfield installations.
- High performance and high security: A state of the art platform driven by a 1GHz ARM processor more than twice as powerful as any competition.
- Lower total cost of ownership: Configurable serial ports and integrated hardware eliminates the need for multiple appliances. Additionally, end-to-end wireless connectivity provides a complete view of network infrastructure without dependency on primary wired network connections.
- Centralized management for easy enterprise-wide deployments: Extend the IM7200 with Opengear Lighthouse central management to manage up to 5,000 Opengear appliances from a single pane of glass.
For more information about the Opengear IM7200 product line, visit: IM7200 Infrastructure ManagerView all Press Releases
Opengear delivers secure, resilient access and automation to critical IT infrastructure, even when the network is down. Provisioning, orchestration and remote management of network devices, through innovative software and appliances, enables technical staff to manage their data centers and remote network locations reliably and efficiently. Opengear’s business continuity solutions are trusted by global organizations across financial, digital communications, retail and manufacturing industries. The company is headquartered in New Jersey, with R&D centers in Silicon Valley and Brisbane, Australia. For more information please visit www.opengear.com.