Opengear Ranked in Top 20 by TheVARGuy.com
Opengear (www.opengear.com) a leading provider of next-generation console server and remote management solutions, today announced that they had been named to the Open Source 50 and recognized as one of the top 25 open source companies in the channel by Nine Lives Media and IT channel site TheVARGuy.com.
The Open Source 50, a report compiled by TheVARGuy.com, takes variables such as overall partner ecosystem, percent of revenue derived from channel partners, and annual partner network growth to rank open source channel programs, selected the top 25 overall for their Best of the Best list, on which Opengear appeared at 19, along with companies such as Novell and Red Hat.
TheVARGuy has reported on Opengear’s developments throughout the year, including:
- Opengear scores first $1 million deal: “Opengear, provider of an open source console server, scored its first $1 million deal in December 2009. Next up, Opengear has won a deal involving Linode, a cloud and VPS (virtual private server) hosting company. Hmmm…. are solutions providers waking up to these niche open source opportunities?” Linode VP Thomas Asaro: “Opengear console servers are one of the most critical parts of our infrastructure. Having Opengear CM4148s attached to all of our equipment gives us the independence to quickly diagnose and deal with issues ourselves, rather than waiting for on-site staff.”
- “Opengear, Assisted by VARs, Doubles Open Source Business” “What recession? Those two words summarize the mood within Opengear, which has doubled its open source console server market business since this time last year. And yes, the channel played a significant role in that success, The VAR Guy has learned. Here’s the scoop. Opengear has:
- Doubled its sales since this time in 2008
- Increased its staff by 30 percent
- Lined up some big-name clients, including the University of Illinois Data Center
“Opengear’s inclusion as one of the Best of the Best is a sign of our commitment to our channel partners,” said Todd Rychecky, VP Sales & Marketing North America of Opengear. “With our expanding product line around power management and products designed for telecommunications industry we are very optimistic about our continued growth.”View all Press Releases
Opengear delivers secure, resilient access and automation to critical IT infrastructure, even when the network is down. Provisioning, orchestration and remote management of network devices, through innovative software and appliances, enables technical staff to manage their data centers and remote network locations reliably and efficiently. Opengear’s business continuity solutions are trusted by global organizations across financial, digital communications, retail and manufacturing industries. The company is headquartered in New Jersey, with R&D centers in Silicon Valley and Brisbane, Australia. For more information please visit www.opengear.com.