- Class leading performance and features — the best value console server
- 16 – 48 serial ports, out-of-band management of network and server devices
- Simple straight-through cabling to Cisco®-style serial consoles
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet and dual AC power supplies for built-in redundancy
- Audit trail logging to embedded 4GB local storage or remote log server for troubleshooting and compliance
- AAA including Active Directory and TACACS+ integration, lock down access per-user and group
- Environmental monitoring with optional EMD5000 module, Nagios and SolarWinds integration
- Unified power management of PDU and UPS equipment from 100+ vendors
- Console management raised to a new level with Smart OOB™
- Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) automation over the network, without manual user interaction
The Opengear CM7100 is a highly reliable and feature-rich console server that simplifies out-of-band management of your network, server and power infrastructure in data centers and remote sites. Powerful monitoring, diagnostics and remediation features enable efficient recovery from infrastructure fault conditions and maximize uptime. An intuitive dashboard with pro-active alerting provides Network and IT administrators with real time status of the core infrastructure. The CM7100 also comes standard with a limited 4-year warranty and responsive one-on-one support — all at a very competitive per-port price point.
Smart OOB™ for advanced console management
The CM7100 extends beyond traditional out-of-band management. Proactively detects faults before they become failures. Monitors and logs systems health and physical environmental conditions. Monitors and controls UPS and power status (disruptions, surges, power cycling). Beyond devices — monitors temperature, humidity, motion, water, door access. Alert operators and undertake pre-set complex actions depending on what is detected. Provides secure access to 16, 32 or 48 serial consoles via your preferred SSH client or integrated HTTPS AJAX web terminal.
More features, better value
Advanced monitoring notifies you of server kernel panics, network console warnings, unplugged cables and environmental alarms. Alerts can be automatically escalated for protracted outages, and pre-set complex remedial actions taken, depending on what is detected. 4GB embedded storage stores console session logs for audit and troubleshooting. TFTP server for remote backup and restore of managed device configuration, OS upgrades and recovery.
Built-in redundancy, reliability and flexibility
Dual AC feed inlets and dual internal power supplies support automatic failover for increased uptime. Dual USB ports allow attachment of peripherals like additional storage and USB consoles. Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports facilitate connections to both primary and secondary networks.
Strong security, granular access control
The CM7100 supports Active Directory, OpenLDAP, Kerberos, RADIUS and TACACS+ enterprise AAA systems. Default-deny security policies lock down remote access to permitted users and groups. FIPS 140-2 validated encryption for military grade applications and supports encryption of sensitive management traffic via HTTPS, SSH and VPN, including OpenVPN and IPsec.
Features and Benefits
Securely access your networking devices, servers and power equipment and monitor for console warnings from managed device. Proactive problem identification, quick notification and automated remediation reduces operating and downtime costs, and improves MTBF and MTTR. Built-in TFTP server increases ops team efficiency and mitigates the risk of infrastructure faults and failures by enabling remote provisioning, maintenance and recovery. Audit trail logging to local storage or remote log server improves compliance and forensics.
Accelerate deployment, increase efficiency and reduce errors with Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) enabling automated provisioning and configuration of newly deployed Opengear appliances over the network, without manual interaction. Connect the CM7100 console server to a wide variety of network equipment with simple straight-through Cat 5 patch cabling — no adapters or special cables necessary. Comprehensive SNMP status MIB integrates with your existing monitoring solution, including Nagios and SolarWinds support. Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports allow connection to separate networks or link aggregation. Supports IPv6 devices. Equip every rack with virtual remote hands in lights-out data centers and colocation cages.
Monitor and log power equipment status, control PDU outlets via serial, USB and Ethernet. Enforce remote power permissions and map managed consoles to outlets — power cycle managed devices with console in-session hot-key or easy-to-use UI. Uniquely supports over 100 power vendors’ equipment.
Lock down consoles per-user or per-user-group with local and remote AAA including Active Directory, OpenLDAP, Kerberos, RADIUS and TACACS+ integration. Comprehensive session logging can record each console keystroke for compliance and audit trail. Encrypt sensitive management traffic with IPsec and OpenVPN. Bolster security and reduce complexity with a single point of authentication and policy enforcement. FIPS 140-2 validated encryption for government and military applications.
CM7100 presents a unified dashboard view of the status of your infrastructure and environment, allowing you to understand everything that affects uptime. Gain insights into your rack environment with a single pane dashboard view. Monitor and control virtually everything, including the physical environment, and prevent disruptions.
- Dual LAN ports for main and secondary networks (2 x 10/100/1000 Base-T RJ45)
- Secondary LAN for redundancy, management network, out-of-band link, Internet or WAN
- Serial ports (16, 32 or 48) RJ45 RS-232 at 50 to 230,400bps with Cisco-straight pinout and full IPv6 support
- Dual USB 2.0 host ports for peripherals and additional storage
- Single or dual internal universal 100-240V AC power supplies (IEC C14) with dual ON/OFF switches
CM7116: 16 x RS-232 serial ports
CM7132: 32 x RS-232 serial ports
CM7148: 48 x RS-232 serial ports
- Dual internal power supplies for redundancy, single internal power supply units also available
- DAC models - dual socket universal 100-240V AC
- SAC models - single socket universal 100-240V AC
- Power consumption 20W ~ 25W (16~48 ports)
- 17 x 6.9 x 1.75 in - 9 lbs
- 44 x 17.5 x 4.5 cm - 4.0 kg
- 1RU with rack mounts
- Ambient operating temperature: 5°C to 50°C, 41°F to 122°F
- Storage temperature: -30°C to +60°C, -20°F to +140°F
- Humidity: 5% to 90%
- FCC Part 15 Subpart B Class A Radiated Emissions 30MHz – 1000MHz
- ICES-003 Issue 4 February 2004 Class A Radiated Emissions 30MHz – 1000MHz
- AS/NZS CISPR 22: 2004 Class A Radiated Emissions 30MHz – 1000MHz
- EN55022: 1998 + A1: 2000 + A2: 2003 Class A Radiated Emissions 30MHz – 1000MHz
- EN55024: 1998 +A1: 2001 +A2: 2003
- IEC61000-4-2: 1995 ESD 8kV Air Discharge (Direct), 4kV Contact Discharge (Direct/Indirect)
- IEC61000-4-3: 1995 Radiated Immunity 3.0V/m, 1KHz AM Sine Wave at 80%
- IEC61000-4-4: 1995 EFT/Burst 1.0kV Power Lines, 0.5kV I/O Lines
- IEC61000-4-5: 1995 Surge Immunity 1.0kV Common Mode, 1.0 kV Differential Mode
- IEC61000-4-6: 1996 Conducted Immunity 3.0 Vrms, 80% AM Modulated (1KHz)
- IEC61000-4-11: 1994 Voltage Dips and Interrupts (>95%,0.5 periods), (30%,25 periods), (>95%,250 periods)
- Serial Port: 4kV ESD protection on RS-232 transceivers
- Ethernet Port: 1500V AC isolation shielded with shield connected to chassis ground for signal integrity and ESD protection
- 800 MHz Armada 370 ARMv7 SoC (Marvell 88F6W11)
- 256MB DDR3 SDRAM (533 MHz)
- 32MB boot flash embedded NOR SPI (50 MHz)
- 4 GB SD internal flash storage (50 MHz)
Linux with source code access and Custom Development Kit (CDK)
IPSec & OpenVPN, SSL tunnels, Secure Shell (SSH V2), TACACS+, Kerberos, RADIUS and LDAP authentication, PAP/CHAP authentication (dial-up), Dial-back support, Local authentication, System event syslog, Authenticated NTP
Stateful firewall, DHCP server, DDNS, Failover, Port forwarding, IP filtering with access control lists. 700 Mbps firewall throughput, 140 Mbps VPN throughput (through LAN ports).
HTTPS & SSH console, Nagios NSCA & NRPE, SNMP, TFTP & FTP server, Password access control, IP service port control, AJAX web terminal, Auto Response