Smart OOB™ is out-of-band access, monitoring, auto-response and remediation for IT Resilience
- A secure alternate path to devices at your remote sites. Ensures infrastructure is accessible from anywhere — even during system or network outage
- Monitors everything including the physical environment to proactively detect faults before they become failures
- Coupled with Failover to Cellular™ for faster recovery from network and IT failures
- Minimizes disruption and downtime, providing the highest levels of business continuity
Secure remote access and infrastructure management raised to a new level
The continued exponential growth and increased complexity of IT infrastructure — M2M, Cloud Computing, Internet of Things — drives the need for smarter real-time decision-making, deeper data analysis, and more robust data storage at the network edge. The demand for always-on connectivity and resilience in the face of network failure events also continues to rise. Quick identification and remediation of connectivity issues between dispersed Internet-connected devices and remote infrastructure is critical.
Smart OOB™ out-of-band management with auto-response and remediation
Opengear delivers a new generation of remote management solutions to meet the growing necessities of always-on connectivity and resilience. By utilizing Opengear's Smart OOB™, businesses are able to monitor, access, and manage virtually any electronic device on their network — remotely and securely — from anywhere, even when the network is down. The unique combination of remote access and monitoring capabilities include auto-response and remediation, plus OOB over cell/dial and Failover to Cellular™ backup. All features are easily managed from a centralized console.
Out-of-band management is at the heart of IT resilience, and Opengear continues to focus on Smart OOB™ solutions that keep critical infrastructure running by developing faster access and monitoring, more efficient management and control, and wider decision-making options. By moving computation to the data, as opposed to moving data to the computation, Opengear gives businesses unmatched speed and effectiveness in managing remote devices.
Delivering resilience, remote troubleshooting and remediation to improve availability, uptime, and the efficiency of networks
Opengear provides automated remote management solutions that integrate the features needed to monitor, access, and control all critical infrastructure at all local and remote sites. From applications, computers and networking equipment, to security cameras, power supplies and door sensors Opengear ensures resilience, and does so intelligently. Smart OOB™ dashboards provide secure remote interaction with key data — such as statuses on power levels, network availability, server performance, temperature conditions, cage door positions, etc. — from any web interface, including via mobile phones and tablets.
- Always-on redundant network connection or automatic failover when primary link goes down
- Integrates cellular technologies for out-of-band access, failover and SMS messaging and control
- One solution monitors IT, networking, security and power devices from multiple vendors
- Customized rules and policies initiate action in response to defined events
- Combines with Failover to Cellular™ (F2C) to deliver resilience, remote troubleshooting and remediation
- Firewall, SSH, extensive VPN support and two-factor authentication complies with enterprise access and security policies
- Business continuity solution manageable from a centralized console