This document describes how Opengear Pty Ltd ABN 66 119 837 580 (Opengear, we or us or our) complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), and any other applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Collection of personal information
- What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold include names, contact details, occupation, employer and other information that is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities.
We may collect transactional information about products or services purchased from us and your buying interests as well as experiential information regarding the use of our goods and services.
If you are applying for a position at Opengear, we will collect information regarding your employment and educational history.
If you are a reseller or distributor, we will need to collect certain personal information from you in connection with that business relationship.
We do not ordinarily collect sensitive information.
We do not use government related identifiers as our own identifiers.
- How do we collect personal information?
We usually collect personal information directly from individuals.
In some instances, we may collect personal information about individuals from third parties such as from referees about job applicants; from Opengear’s resellers or distributors about customers; from organisers of trade shows; or from publicly available resources, such as Government websites.
If you have completed an online form on the Opengear website www.opengear.com, which is operated by our related company, Opengear, Inc, we may collect your personal information from Opengear, Inc.
Where we collect personal information from third parties, we will only do so if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect the personal information directly from you. We will take reasonable steps to inform you if and when we do.
We may collect your personal information when you communicate with us, such as when:
- you order or purchase goods or services from us or schedule a service call in respect of purchased goods;
- you schedule a demonstration of one of our products;
- you visit us at a trade show;
- you make inquiries about us or our goods or services or contact us, for any other reason so that we can process, deal with and respond to your queries or other issues including any complaints;
- you submit feedback or ask for support;
- you register your details with us, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or survey, enter or participate in any promotions run by us or on our behalf;
- you attend any of our events; or
- you call our customer support line. Calls may be recorded by us for quality review purposes.
- What happens if you do not provide your personal information to us?
If you do not provide the personal information that we request in connection with our activities, we may not be able to provide our products or services to you.
- Why do we collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information?
We collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information as necessary for purposes directly related to our functions and activities, including:
- names and contact details to provide our goods and services to you and information about our goods;
- names, contact details, transaction and experience information such as information on your transactions and our communications with you, for direct marketing including promotions and newsletters;
- names, contact details, educational and employment details, when you apply to us for employment or contracting opportunities.
We may also collect, use, hold or disclose your personal information to comply with our obligations under law.
Will we disclose personal information to anyone else?
We may disclose personal information to:
- our related companies;
- our service providers, such as payment processors, marketing service providers and event organisers
- our suppliers, distributors and resellers; and
- professional service firms providing services to us, such as legal, accountancy or marketing services as well as data hosting and technology firms.
We may also provide your personal information to others, if required or permitted to do so by law, in accordance with the APPs.
We will only disclose your personal information:
- with your consent;
- for a purpose which you would reasonably expect;
- as required or permitted by law; or
Do we disclose personal information overseas?
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate that are overseas, such as Opengear, Inc and its parent company, Digi International, Inc, both of which are in the USA.
Unsubscribing from our marketing materials
At any stage, should you wish to stop receiving any of our emails that we send to you for marketing or promotional purposes, simply click on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email.
You can also send a written unsubscribe request to Privacy Officer, Opengear Pty Ltd, Level 3, 8 Gardner Close, Milton, QLD 4064.
Dealing with us anonymously or using a pseudonym
You may deal with us on an anonymous basis or by using a pseudonym when you make general inquiries by telephone and do not require a further response from us. However, we may need certain contact details from you to respond to inquiries.
Generally, we will require your personal information in order to transact with you.
We use industry-standard methods and take such steps as are reasonable to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and from misuse, interference and loss.
Among other techniques, we usually:
- store such information on a computer behind our “firewall” in a secure location; and
- restrict the number of employees internally who can access such data.
Once personal information is no longer required by us for the purposes for which it was collected or held or otherwise in accordance with the APPs, we will take all steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that it is either destroyed or de-identified.
Our employees and contractors who have access to personal information are obliged to respect the privacy of our visitors and customers and the confidentiality of their personal information.
Access, Correction and Removal of your Personal Information
You may seek to access or correct your personal information at any time by contacting the Privacy Officer by email to email@example.com or by mail to the ‘Privacy Officer, Opengear Pty Ltd, Level 3, 8 Gardner Close, Milton, QLD 4064.
If we do not agree to provide you with access to your personal information or to amend or annotate the information we hold about you, you may seek a review of our decision.
If we do not agree to make the requested changes to your personal information, you may make a statement about the requested changes and we will attach it to your record.
You can send written complaints about a breach of the APPs in relation to your personal information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Privacy Officer, Opengear Pty Ltd, Level 3, 8 Gardner Close, Milton, QLD 4064.
Complaints will be reviewed by our Privacy Officer and a response will usually be provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint.
If you believe that your complaint has not been satisfactorily addressed by us, after following the procedure set out above, you can make a complaint to the Office of the Information Commissioner (OAIC). The OAIC’s contact details are here.
For more information about making a complaint, contact us at email@example.com.
Updated: 28 September 2020