New version of Opengear’s popular network orchestration software includes remote IP access and high availability for even the most critical deployments
Edison, NJ – May 1, 2019 – Opengear (www.opengear.com), a leading provider of solutions that deliver secure, resilient network access and automation to critical IT infrastructure, today announced the launch of the Enterprise edition of its Lighthouse software. Lighthouse Enterprise (LHE) is an expansion of Opengear’s trusted centralized out-of-band management platform, specifically designed for large enterprise users with a focus on scalability and preparing for a future of network automation. The new release is available as of today, and will be featured at Cisco Live San Diego (booth #2728).
As more enterprises deploy edge devices and increase their reliance on network automation, the importance of secure out-of-band management and alternative access pathways becomes even more critical. To meet these evolving requirements for ensuring always-on network connectivity – and maintaining business continuity – Lighthouse Enterprise comes equipped with remote IP access and new functionality to deliver high availability, at scale, to even the largest organizations:
- Remote IP access: Ensuring resiliency whenever critical locations go offline demands out-of-band networks that can provide a path with secure IP access to remote sites from a central location. LHE includes built-in functionality to allow secure remote IP access for quick network monitoring and remediation, even for devices with no serial console port.
- High availability: Opengear’s multi-instance operation allows access through multiple Lighthouse instances simultaneously. Doing so allows enterprises to maximize availability with redundant systems.
“Lighthouse is a crucial component to any network management strategy,” said David Fiore, Senior Product Manager, Opengear. “There is no simpler way to securely manage and provision Opengear’s solutions for network resilience, as well as third-party devices – this is centralized, scalable, end-to-end out-of-band management from a single pane of glass. Based on customer demand, we’re proud to now announce Lighthouse Enterprise as the next evolution of this powerful technology, which will capably handle the largest-scale IT infrastructure deployments. We invite current users of Lighthouse and new customers to see what Enterprise has to offer.”
Lighthouse Enterprise will also provide customers with all of the features and functionality available in Lighthouse, including:
- Centralized management of Opengear console services and third-party devices
- Convenient subscription-based pricing
- Web-standard access (no Java or other software required)
- Opengear NetOps Automation™ integration and orchestration
- Administration and automation capabilities for day-one operations
- Routine maintenance and disaster recovery access
- Standardized RESTful API allowing access to aspects of the platform
- Smart tags and grouping – via meta tags – directly in Lighthouse
- User access grouping locally via AAA servers
Existing Lighthouse customers will be able to upgrade their subscription to Lighthouse Enterprise by contacting their reseller. They can also download a demo version here: opengear.com/lighthouse-free-download